Get Started Now
You can purchase Medical Therapeutic Yoga anywhere books are sold. It is readily available on Amazon. https://bit.ly/mtybook
Hello and welcome to Best Care Practices for Core Health!
This 110 page Ebook was written by mom of 3 and longtime physical therapist, athletic trainer, and yogi, Dr. Ginger Garner, and will help you build core strength and endurance and tackle low back, sacroiliac joint, and/or pelvic pain.
Core Strength requires a "Trifecta" of power (defined as strength plus endurance) in 3 areas:
- The respiratory diaphragm
- The pelvic diaphragm
- The vocal diaphragm
Yes, the abdominals are important in building core strength. But it takes more than ab strength to have a strong core.
And yes, the voice may be a surprise to note (no pun intended) but yes, the voice is impacted by your core strength (and vice-versa).
The voice is like a secret window,
giving you a view of your overall health.
Have you ever noticed that someone’s voice changes as they age? It gets raspier, hoarse, breaks, and even sounds weaker? Those voice changes are a direct reflection of health. The strength and quality of your voice is even correlated to longevity, and your prognosis with conditions like Parkinson’s Disease.
What You’ll Learn
- How to build better ab, back, pelvic, and vocal strength and endurance (which includes mobility)
- How to build better shoulder and hip strength to support your core.
- How to build a better voice. One that is more reliable, stronger, and has more projection power without straining your vocal cords.
Dr. Garner's E-Book – Best Care Practices for Core Health, 2nd ed. is a 100+ multi-media experience which outlines some of the most important CORE PRACTICES for back and pelvic health.
This EBook includes:
1. Illustrations that review anatomy & physiology of the core, which includes the pelvic floor
2. Photographic instructions that explain each pose in detail
3. Videos embedded in the text that you can simply point and click for instant access to view and practice
4. Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine recommendations that include sleep, physical activity, stress management, environmental considerations, and nutrition which all impact back and pelvic health.
You may also be interested in...
Trifecta Tuesday - the 3 session series (3 hours total) that is a companion to the Best Care Practices EBook. You get LIFETIME ACCESS with the purchase of Trifecta Tuesday course which:
- Saves you time and money. No yoga studio membership fees and no extra time commuting in the car!
- Minimizes risk of exposure to COVID-19
- Maximizes your privacy in practice. Dr. Garner takes you through practices you may not feel comfortable doing in front of a studio "audience" or large class of people.
- Gets to the heart of what yoga was meant to be - a solitary practice that transforms you from the inside out, rather than the outside in. Yoga was never meant to be a "studio class" pursuit, with fancy equipment, expensive clothing, and pressure to perform.
- Allows you the privacy and convenience to practice in your home. No expensive yoga clothes or toys required. Dr. Garner shows you how to do yoga, manage stress, AND get fit through integrative PT & therapeutic Pilates, like a minimalist champion. Get to the heart of combining Pilates + Physical Therapy together, which makes your workouts a practice in fitness, stress management, resilience, gut health, immune bolstering, and mindfulness, all wrapped into one!
- As a self-employed mother of 3, Ginger knows what it takes to get and stay fit, healthy, and well in an efficient, time-saving way.
- Learn how to spot red flags for injury and practice yoga in a safer and more effective way with doctor of physical therapy, licensed athletic trainer, Pilates therapist, and Professional Yoga Therapist, Dr. Ginger Garner, PT, DPT, ATC/L.
Very Important Point (VIP!)
The Trifecta Tuesday series is meant to grow with and use for years and year! Stay and repeat each Session until you feel comfortable and strong enough to progress to the next lesson.
One more thing: Men are also welcome!
We all need a powerful core & pelvic floor, and since words matter, Dr. Garner will be sharing words of wisdom from some of her favorite poets, authors, and philosophers. Let’s claim the power of our voice and improve the longevity of our core and spine, together, in this remarkable and fun 3 week series!
Equipment needed - yoga mat, 2 Mexican blankets or substitute, 1 yoga belt or a long scarf, 2 yoga blocks or a suitable substitute, your voice and your mindful soul!
Did you know?
Dr. Ginger Garner, PT, DPT, ATC/L, is a longtime doctor of physical therapy, athletic trainer, and is board certified in Lifestyle Medicine plus an expert in medical, therapeutic yoga and Pilates.
But I bet you didn’t know Ginger is also a longtime vocalist.
She has performed solo and in choral productions in Europe, NYC at The Lincoln Center & Carnegie Hall, locally here in NC (think global act local!), and also at the Copper Mountain Jazz Festival.
Ginger is also a mother of three and knows a thing or two about how to build your strongest core after recovering from multiple surgeries, accidents, and of course, being pregnant and giving birth three times.
Disclaimer: This and any other videos by Dr. Ginger Garner do not constitute a patient-provider relationship nor are they a substitute for medical care or physical therapy. By participating in these videos user assumes all risk. Before staring this or any other exercise regimen you should seek the advice and/or clearance of your physician, nurse practitioner, and/or physical therapist.
Need some help? Get in touch with us!
This book is the perfect solution for someone who has struggled with feeling core weakness, back pain, or limited ability to sing, run, or exercise without leaking.
As a pelvic health therapist, I utilize all the concepts explored and explained in Best Care Practices for Core Health!
What a gift! Finally an approach that integrates breath and pressure dynamics in building a healthy core system!
Patients who struggle with finding relief from traditional PT will find a solution in Ginger's method
Best Care Practices for Core Health is an anatomically based yet highly accessible guide to core health.
DOWNLOAD ME! Your Best Care Practices for Core Health EBook
EXTRA BONUS! Did you know there is a companion virtual class that goes with this Ebook?FREE PREVIEW
About this course
- 3 lessons
- 0 hours of video content