Do I Have a Hip Labral Tear?
Tips for Self-Care & Pain Management (Plus! More Snarky Psoas Tips)
This workshop is taught by Dr. Ginger Garner PT, DPT, ATC/L.
Note: The replay of this workshop course will be available to you for 3 months after purchase.
Do you have:
- A Snarky Psoas
- Groin pain
- Inner thigh pain
- Buttock or pelvic floor aching or pain
- Thicker or more “congested” knotted feeling in your gluts, hamstrings, low back muscles
- Point tenderness in the hip flexors in the front of the hip
- Limited hip range of motion
- Feeling of catching, clicking, popping, or a feeling of the hip giving way or feeling unstable
- Night pain in the hip area that wakes you
If you answered yes to any of the above, this workshop is for you!
The workshop will be available on demand and you will have 3 months of access to the workshop and the BONUS handout!
This nearly 2 hour workshop veteran hip and pelvic physical therapist and international lecturer and author, Dr. Ginger Garner will teach you how to identify the red flag symptoms of a hip labral tear or re-tear, and what to do for your best self-care if you are preparing for or trying to avoid surgery. Much of the physical therapy advice for managing hip labral tears is based on the misinformed idea you can "stretch" or "strengthen" your way out of the pain from a hip labral tear.
The truth is - hip labral tears don't even necessarily cause pain. It's what happens to the structures AROUND the hip, pelvis, and low back after a tear that can cause excruciating, intractable pain. The kind of pain that hurts whether you sit, stand, or sleep. Kind of like the same pain you have with what Dr. Garner calls a "Snarky Psoas."
This workshop will help you understand how to screen for hip labral tears, impingement, and how to identify the most common injuries that arise secondary to the tear. Dr. Garner will discuss lifestyle changes for self-care that can help you manage daily pain, such as best practices for sleep, sitting and standing mechanics, what exercises and movements hurt and which ones help, and how to vet physical therapists and surgeons to find the best one for you.
You Will Learn:
- The red flags signs and symptoms of a hip labral tear OR re-tear
- The key foundations for successful management of hip labral tears and impingement
- Key elements for calming related muscles that tend to overfire when there is a hip labral tear (hello, Snarky Psoas for starters)
- Optimizing sleep, sitting, and standing mechanics
- Lifestyle considerations for managing pain and inflammation
- How to vet physical therapists and surgeons to find the best one for you
Scroll down to see the BONUSES you get by attending the workshop!
You'll get a Bonus Handout of vetted resources from Dr. Garner after the workshop, which will include ways to help you avoid and prevent further injury if you suspect a hip labral tear.
What You Need to Participate
- Computer or smartphone and internet connection
- Zoom downloaded onto your computer or smartphone
- Yoga mat or rug
- 2 blankets of similar size
- 2 firm bed pillows and your regular pillow you sleep on
- 5-6 inch pliable (NOT HARD!) myofascial ball or child's ball that you can use for soft tissue work
Need some help? Get in touch with us!