Hello and welcome!
This 3 week series, taught by mom of 3 and longtime physical therapist, athletic trainer, and yogi, Dr. Ginger Garner, will help you build a yoga practice that is sustainable for your joints and fitness for the long haul.
Your Health is your Wealth!
In my private practice for all things pelvic health, EudeMOMia®, I work with people who have struggled for a LONG time with pelvic, abdominal, low back, sacroiliac joint, and/or hip pain. A LOT of my patients have questions about what kind of activity is safe – and in yoga – what kind of postures they can practice to preserve their joints (instead of wearing them out and ending up with joint replacements).
This 3 week series will teach you how to build a sustainable yoga practice for joint preservation through a Medical Therapeutic Yoga Method practice – which blends yoga and rehab sciences to help our joints age well.
The benefits of physical therapy are inarguable, but while yoga is a very popular practice, it has historically focused on flexibility, rather than stability. Many yoga teachers are now having joint replacements and suffering from pain due to this unfortunate approach.
As a pelvic and orthopedic PT in women’s health, and as a mother of 3 who intimately understands the postpartum experience and of building my body back strong after EVERY SINGLE BIRTH – I take a different approach to using yoga in physical therapy.
I use Yoga to build stability, resilience, and power. For decades I have helped yoga teachers overcome long-standing injuries – many of them related to being hypermobile and super bendy.
I bet you didn't know that I am hypermobile and have hip dysplasia – conditions someone is graced genetically with, and so for me from day 1 of using Yoga, I never used it for flexibility.
It’s why I created the Medical Therapeutic Yoga (MTY) Method and wrote the bestselling medical textbook on it that is used by healthcare providers around the globe. It's now in its 4th foreign language translation, with more hopefully on the way.
MTY takes a VERY different approach to using yoga. It helps build a practice you can sustain for a lifetime. At nearly 50 years old I am going strong as a hypermobile yogi that understands how to create stability and sustainability in poses.
What You’ll Learn
- Teach you how to stabilize and preserve joint function for the long haul using MTY – let’s age well!
- Help you improve mobility and/or regain it safely
- Work to prevent premature joint aging and degeneration often cause by regular yoga
- Tackle the BIG FOUR areas where injuries occur in yoga
- Build muscle and bone strength and lung power
- Teach stress management and build emotional resilience
Further, MTY is:
- is trauma informed and teaches self-care for those who have experienced trauma – As a survivor, this aspect of Yoga care is super important to me.
- tackles tough women’s health issues – As a mom of 3 and pelvic PT and hip rehab nerd, this is my passion!
- includes Lifestyle Medicine – We can’t take a deep dive into joint health unless we include these 5 vital signs!
Dr. Garner will tackle a new area of the body AND a new vital sign in Lifestyle Medicine each week. Each week will tackle a different area for best care practice on sleep, diet, stress management, minimizing environmental toxins, and improving physical activity!
WEEK AREA VITAL SIGN
1 Spine & SIJ Better Sleep
2 Upper Body Cleaning Up Your Diet and Home
3 Lower Body Managing Stress & Movement Efficiently
Who Can Benefit
Anyone wanting a sustainable, long-term yoga practice for the future. Anyone wanting to make yoga safer for their joints or who have had specific yoga injuries or other injuries and are not uncertain about how to get back into yoga practice again. Anyone wanting to jumpstart strength and stability in all your joints by learning how to recruit and/or pre-fire the right muscles to create a supple body, including the spine!
Dr. Ginger Garner, PT, DPT, ATC/L, is a longtime doctor of physical therapy, athletic trainer, and is board certified in Lifestyle Medicine plus an expert in medical, therapeutic yoga and Pilates.
But I bet you didn’t know Ginger also has joint hypermobility, hip dysplasia, and multiple birth injuries and life events she had to overcome, which she did through creating & putting the MTY Method to work.
One more thing: Men are also welcome!
We all need a sustainable way to keep moving as we age! So joint Dr. Ginger as she shares her insight and wisdom on how she has harnessed the power of Yoga to evolve it to fit thousands of patients and students bodies through the decades!
Let’s claim the potential of your body and improve the longevity of our joints and spine, together, in this remarkable and fun 3 week series!
You will also get LIFETIME ACCESS with the purchase of this course which:
- Saves you time and money. No yoga studio membership fees and no extra time commuting in the car!
- Minimizes risk of exposure to COVID-19
- Maximizes your privacy in practice. Dr. Garner takes you through practices you may not feel comfortable doing in front of a studio "audience" or large class of people.
- Gets to the heart of what yoga was meant to be - a solitary practice that transforms you from the inside out, rather than the outside in. Yoga was never meant to be a "studio class" pursuit, with fancy equipment, expensive clothing, and pressure to perform.
- Allows you the privacy and convenience to practice in your home. No expensive yoga clothes or toys required. Dr. Garner shows you how to do yoga, manage stress, AND get fit through integrative PT & therapeutic Pilates, like a minimalist champion. Get to the heart of combining Pilates + Physical Therapy together, which makes your workouts a practice in fitness, stress management, resilience, gut health, immune bolstering, and mindfulness, all wrapped into one!
- As a self-employed mother of 3, Ginger knows what it takes to get and stay fit, healthy, and well in an efficient, time-saving way.
- Learn how to spot red flags for injury and practice yoga in a safer and more effective way with doctor of physical therapy, licensed athletic trainer, Pilates therapist, and Professional Yoga Therapist, Dr. Ginger Garner, PT, DPT, ATC/L.
Very Important Point (VIP!)
This series is meant to grow with and use for years and year! Stay and repeat each Session until you feel comfortable and strong enough to progress to the next lesson.
Equipment needed - yoga mat, 2 Mexican blankets or substitute, 1 yoga belt or a long scarf, 2 yoga blocks or a suitable substitute, your voice and your mindful soul!
Disclaimer: This and any other videos by Dr. Ginger Garner do not constitute a patient-provider relationship nor are they a substitute for medical care or physical therapy. By participating in these videos user assumes all risk. Before staring this or any other exercise regimen you should seek the advice and/or clearance of your physician, nurse practitioner, and/or physical therapist.
Need some help? Get in touch with us!