Get Started Now
You can purchase Medical Therapeutic Yoga anywhere books are sold. It is readily available on Amazon. https://bit.ly/mtybook
Hello and welcome!
This 3 week series, taught by mom of 3 and longtime physical therapist, athletic trainer, and professional yoga therapist, Dr. Ginger Garner, will help you build a yoga practice that is sustainable for your joints and fitness for the long haul.
Your Health is your Wealth!
In my private practice for all things pelvic health, EudeMOMia®, I work with people who have struggled for a LONG time with pelvic, abdominal, low back, sacroiliac joint, and/or hip pain. A LOT of my patients have questions about what kind of activity is safe – and in yoga – what kind of postures they can practice to preserve their joints (instead of wearing them out and ending up with joint replacements).
This 3 week series will talk about how you can use Medical Therapeutic Yoga, Pilates and rehab science like physical therapy and athletic training - to build sustainable Core & Pelvic Health!
The benefits of physical therapy are inarguable, but while yoga and Pilates are very popular practices, they aren't always based in solid, up-to-date science.
As a pelvic and orthopedic PT in women’s health, and as a mother of 3 who intimately understands the postpartum experience and of building my body back strong after EVERY SINGLE BIRTH – I take a different approach to using Yoga & Pilates in physical therapy. I use them to build stability, resilience, and power.
It’s why I created the Medical Therapeutic Yoga (MTY) Method and wrote the bestselling medical textbook on it that is used by healthcare providers around the globe. It's now in its 4th foreign language translation, with more hopefully on the way.
What You’ll Learn
- Learn about what constitutes a strong core (it’s not what you think!)
- Work smarter, not harder, when it comes to building a better core
- How the hip and shoulder feed into (or detract from) core strength
Session 1 – Basic Mat – Learn how Pilates & Yoga can be used therapeutically for your core (which includes pelvic health!).
Session 2 – Intermediate Mat – Grow and progress in whole body strength and endurance, including mobility, with this series. No fancy equipment needed, just a yoga mat and perhaps a yoga blanket or block. You will learn to handle your own full body weight, which helps reduce injury risk by creating exquisite awareness of your own movement and strength issues.
Session 3 – Advanced Mat – Build on what you have learned to put it all together for your best core and pelvic floor!
Time: 1 hour each Thursday. A new class will drop on Sept 16, 23, and 30th! If you take the class after this date, it will be available On-Demand in your Learning Portal.
Who Can Benefit
- wants to improve their core strength and overall pelvic health
- wants to tackle or prevent back or pelvic pain
- has hip, pelvic, or back pain (you should be cleared by your physical therapist or physician to participate if you have pain)
- wants a sustainable, long-term Yoga and Pilates practice they can do at home
- feels like they need guidance to exercise safely and effectively
- wants to get fit from home and avoid gyms (& COVID)
Prerequisites: Though we recommend starting with this series first, you can certainly jump into this series if you feel like you have good body awareness and are able to recognize and honor your limitations.
Dr. Ginger Garner, PT, DPT, ATC/L, is a longtime doctor of physical therapy, athletic trainer, and is board certified in Lifestyle Medicine plus an expert in medical, therapeutic yoga and Pilates.
But I bet you didn’t know I am a mom of three who has overcome a great deal of birth injury, disability, and trauma. I'm sharing what I have learned both personally and professionally in order to teach you how to overcome too.
One more thing: Men are also welcome!
We all need a sustainable way to keep moving as we age! So joint Dr. Ginger as she shares her insight and wisdom on how she has harnessed the power of Yoga & Pilates to evolve it to fit thousands of patients and students bodies through the decades!
Let’s claim the potential of your body and improve the longevity of our joints and spine, together, in this remarkable and fun 3 week series!
You will also get LIFETIME ACCESS with the purchase of this course which:
- Saves you time and money. No yoga studio membership fees and no extra time commuting in the car!
- Minimizes risk of exposure to COVID-19
- Maximizes your privacy in practice. Dr. Garner takes you through practices you may not feel comfortable doing in front of a studio "audience" or large class of people.
- Gets to the heart of what yoga was meant to be - a solitary practice that transforms you from the inside out, rather than the outside in. Yoga was never meant to be a "studio class" pursuit, with fancy equipment, expensive clothing, and pressure to perform.
- Allows you the privacy and convenience to practice in your home. No expensive yoga clothes or toys required. Dr. Garner shows you how to do yoga, manage stress, AND get fit through integrative PT & therapeutic Pilates, like a minimalist champion. Get to the heart of combining Pilates + Physical Therapy together, which makes your workouts a practice in fitness, stress management, resilience, gut health, immune bolstering, and mindfulness, all wrapped into one!
- As a self-employed mother of 3, Ginger knows what it takes to get and stay fit, healthy, and well in an efficient, time-saving way.
- Learn how to spot red flags for injury and practice yoga in a safer and more effective way with doctor of physical therapy, licensed athletic trainer, Pilates therapist, and Professional Yoga Therapist, Dr. Ginger Garner, PT, DPT, ATC/L.
Very Important Point (VIP!)
This series is meant to grow with and use for years and year! Stay and repeat each Session until you feel comfortable and strong enough to progress to the next lesson.
Equipment needed - yoga mat, 2 Mexican blankets or substitute, 1 yoga belt or a long scarf, 2 yoga blocks or a suitable substitute, your voice and your mindful soul!
Disclaimer: This and any other videos by Dr. Ginger Garner do not constitute a patient-provider relationship nor are they a substitute for medical care or physical therapy. By participating in these videos user assumes all risk. Before staring this or any other exercise regimen you should seek the advice and/or clearance of your physician, nurse practitioner, and/or physical therapist.
Need some help? Get in touch with us!
Feel better than I've felt in years, AND that's during the pandemic!
Grounded, hopeful, pain free, rested, & resilient after Dr. Garner's classes
I'm a better therapist AND mom thanks to Ginger.
Life changing course
Empowering for me and my patients
Everyone should work with Ginger as a professional and as a patient
A sustainable model for healthcare delivery
Ginger's program has restored my love of being a PT
I highly recommend Ginger
Patients who struggle with finding relief from traditional PT will find a solution in Ginger's method
Welcome to Three Thursdays!FREE PREVIEW
COMPLETE ME FIRST! RELEASE FORM
Three Thursdays Core Strength Session 1
Three Thursdays Core Strength Session 2
Three Thursdays Core Strength Session 3
Three Thursdays Core Strength Parting Words from Ginger
A message from Ginger, More Resources, & CE for Yoga ProfessionalsFREE PREVIEW
Before you go...
About this course
- 8 lessons
- 3 hours of video content